Wednesday, March 3, 2010

List of Accomplishments in 2010!

Again, I am successfully adding to my List of Accomplishments for 2010 today! Sadly enough, it may be a little boring for the average Joe, but I proud of myself so whatever! :) So far, let me catch you up to speed...

1. Finished the Harry Potter series
2. Went to a concert of an artist that I looovvee- John Mayer!

3. Finished the Twilight series- (Now that I am reviewing my list, this must be my year of reading because books are dominating my list! :)) I have to say, I TOTALLY knocked the 'Twi-hard' fans because I thought, okay seriously, vampires and werewolves? The books sounded either like a.) a scene from a the haunted house I ran uot of in 5th grade that's jaded me to this day or b.) some super cheesy spin-off wannbe Harry Potter (which I considered untouchable, that NOTHING could be better than my favorite Gryffindor). So I started Twilight, the first book, began a little slow, and then before I knew it, I was having a fictional affair with Edward Cullen. No joke, I literally took like maybe 3 days to read the first book. Then I just HAD to have the second book. Read THAT in like 2 DAYS! The third book took me a little longer and then I made it to the 4th book. I actually loved it! And my students loved talking to me about it; it really became the perfect example for most of the literary terms that I was reviewing with them. When my kids asked me who would I choose, Harry or Edward, I told them I just didn't know. I mean, Harry and his adventures engulfed me so much so that I was helping Harry defeat Valdemort in my dreams. But then there was sweet, misunderstood, steadfast Edward who I just melted for (no matter what Jacob looked like!) because of his love for Bella and vice-versa. So I resorted to the fact that if I had to choose, I choose both as my favorites; Harry has the adventure and fun and Edward has the heart and soul. So I have completed another series and I have caught up with the rest of the teenage readers I encounter and understand what it means to be Team Edward or Team Jacob! :)


1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya sister. That booked sucked me in and I didn't hav a chance in the world. Team Edward for me though :)

    ReplyDelete